The Museum Education Center in partnership with the DVV International Country Office Armenia and the Association of Museum Workers and Friends organized an Award of Museum Educational Programs.
The main goal of the Award was to recognize creative and innovative thinking in museum education fostering further development of the field in Armenia.
The Award was open to all museum educators and professionals who participated in workshops, “ICOM CECA Best Practice Tool” in 2015 and “Organization of Museum Educational Programs” in 2016.
16 museums from Yerevan and 5 Regions participated in the Award, submitting more than 21 educational programs.
The Award was announced in three main nominations: The Best Educational Program, The Best Family Program and The Best Adult Program. Other than the main categories, six museums were also granted with Promotional prizes.
- The Best Educational Program – The Cafesjian Center for the Arts, The Landscape of My Country
- The Best Educational Program for Adults – Perch Proshian House-Museum, Old Craft’s New Home
- The Best Educational Program for Families – Vanadzor Fine Arts Museum, Labyrinth, I see, I feel, I Understand
Promotional prizes were granted in following nominations:
- Museum-School Cooperation – National Gallery of Armenia, The Evolution of Medieval Armenian Architecture. St. Hripsime Church
- The Best Outreach Program – Kapan Regional Museum, Memory
- The Best Interactive Educational Game – The Museum of Russian Art (the Collection of prof. Aram Abrahamian), Guess the Painting
- Cooperation with Community – Dilijan Regional Museum-Gallery, The Colors of Dilijan
- Animation in Museum – Avetiq Isahakyan House-Museum, The Fairy Tales and Fables of Avetik Isahakyan
- The Best Entertaining Program – The Museum of Literature and Art after Yeghishe Charents, Karaoke in Museum
The official ceremony of the Award took place in the Aram Khachaturian Museum on December 20, 2016.